Our Lady Queen of Peace, 1941-2016

109f9623d832c416739d9d6b903040d8.jpg

Title

Our Lady Queen of Peace, 1941-2016

Description

The Parish came amongst great enthusiasm from the African American population. The diocese added a convent, school, and rectory in 1947. The Sisters of the Allegheny Franciscan Order staffed the school from 1948 to 1972. The parish merged into St. Anthony of Padua in 2016, which continues to be a parish for racial minorities including Hispanics.

Citation

“Our Lady Queen of Peace, 1941-2016,” Diocese of Savannah's Black Catholic History, accessed July 23, 2024, https://diosavblackcatholichistory.omeka.net/items/show/6.

Geolocation